May I help you?
Here are some hints I find useful and which I think might help
you plan your trip. Also read the hint on the individual pages
for more details about each section.
- Have a lot of fun!
- Enjoy and respect nature!
- Be prepared for some very close wildlife encounters!
- Travel open-minded!
- The group is just as good as you make it!
Make it the best group ever.
- Always expect the unexpected!
- Dress in layers. Bring cloths you can wear one over the other.
- Bring good rain gear and a hat.
- Bring light gloves you can also wear at night.
- You may also want to bring a warm cap to keep your head warm
- Good hiking boots are a must. They should also be water
- You may also want some lighter shoes for the evenings and
- There's no big need for running shoes.
- There's no need for sandals except that they might be handy
on the campings.
- Pack your belongings into a reasonably big back pack.
- Have a day pack (back pack) for cameras, food and drinks,
tools, rain gear and some space for additional cloths.
- Don't bring suite cases or huge travel bags.
- Don't bring more than two bags (additional hip bag, ... is ok).
- Pack at least some of your cloths into water resistant plastic
bags inside your main bag.
- Also have a good, water resistant cover for your sleeping bag.
- You may also want to protect films and other items from getting
- Be prepared to "live out of your bag". You may not want to
- Very good sleeping bag is a big bonus. It was freezing some
nights and we even found some ice on our sleeping bags once or
- Good Swiss Army Knife or multi purpose tool.
- Camera with enough film and batteries. Don't forget filters
- First aid kit and personal medication.
- Electricity independent toiletry.
- Mostly hiking. Be prepared for some wilderness hikes and
bears. Don't buy bear spray. You're not allowed to cross the border
carrying bear spray.
- Some other activities such as river rafting, canoeing, ...
depending on weather, saison, group, ... .
- Flights may be pretty expensive.
- Seward boat tour is wirth the money.
- Various activities in citis, don't need preparation.
- And last but not leats, also respect your guide and give him a
respectable tip. They don't earn big money.
© June 2001 by