The "Big" City
We just stopped in Anchorage for a night. We arrived early evening.
Sorry, but I had to do my laundry and so did Eric. So while the
others were cooking and planing the night, we went to the next
laundromat, which was about a 15 minutes drive. The place closed at
7pm. Not much time anyway.
After dinner we went to town and enjoyed a movie call "What lies
beneath" - nice horror movie ... to funny to be scarry.
Next morning we had some time in town. We went to the cyber cafes,
had breakfast and email, did some shopping and then ... went to
see the airport. This was an interesting airport. You can drive
over run and taxi ways and see the water planes from very near.
Now off to McCarthy. We had a long drive ahead of us. Read more
about that on the next page.
- Movie theater
- From Seward take Hwy 9 north direction Anchorage.
- Join Hwy 1 after Moose Pass.
- Continue on Hwy 1 north to Anchorage.
Hints and Tips
- Don't plan to do laundry in Anchorage. You may not have
- Use cyber cafes in Anchorage (morning).
- Enjoy active night life. It's probably the last chance before
Phone: 907 333-9711
- Showers, toilets
- Not very safe
© June 2001 by